Thursday, January 3, 2013

Oshogatsu, Tsutaya and rude awakenings

So now it is the Year of the Snake... not sure what to make of that, since I am a Rabbit. Sounds like a dangerous combination!
I am an enthusiastic supporter of the traditional New Years vacation pastime of clearing out Tsutaya by watching ALL the movies you have wanted to see for a while (but not had time to do so), suitably accompanied by platefuls of mochi and icecream. I watched some old favorites as well, but as for the new(er) bunch:
 
-Dark Shadows: Good, as all Burton movies, but kinda lost the plot towards the end
-Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Decent, but the overly perky actress kind of bothered me
-Kokurikozaka kara: Visually beautiful Ghibli movie, a must see for all Showa fans
-The Borrowers: Pretty animation, relatively short
-MIB 3: Ok, but far too predictable. I did love the Wharhol gag though.
-Bride Wars (there were no decent movies left!): Good for feeling intensely self-satisfied if you are not a fan of the wedding industry.
 
Ah, it was glorious, but I swear time speeds up during vacations, for now I am back to work. No matter, onwards to a profitable new year!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too. I watched The Bride Wars on a very long plane ride, I thought it was OK, but, as I spent a large part of my holiday watching Sex and the City, maybe you can see what kind of show I'm partial to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am partial to SAC, at least there are a few characters who are non-fluffy ^_−☆

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!

    We went away to an onsen for the holidays and although we both spent our days studying, I'm so not happy to be back home without wonderful baths at our fingertips!

    Sigh. As you said, onward to the new year... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh is right, but I have exciting business and fun trips in the near future, so shouldn't growl too much ^ ^

      Delete